Articles In This Issue:
1. Criminal and Civil Liability to Physicians and Other Health Care Providers For the Off-Label Marketing of FDA-Approved Drugs or Devices: An Emerging Trend?
2. Mandatory Rules For Pennsylvania Medical Facilities For Reporting Medical Errors, Adverse Events And Device Failures
3. Hospital mergers Receive Closer Antitrust Scrutiny From Federal Trade Commission
4. M-Care Iinfection Control: A Litigation Threat?
5. UPDATE: Federal Pre-emption Of State Tort Claims Involving Medical Devices And Pharmaceutical Products
Pietragallo Partner Kevin Raphael will be speaking at the University Risk Management and Insurance Association’s (URMIA) Northeast Regional Conference on April 15th and 16th in Philadelphia, PA. Mr. Raphael will be one of three panelists, along with Benjamin Evans (Associate Vice President for Risk Management and Insurance at University of Pennsylvania) and Dean Constatine (Global… Read more »Read More
On April 27, 2020, in Washington, DC, Pietragallo Partners Lourdes Sánchez Ridge and Michael A. Morse will present “How the False Claims Act Cases Impacts Municipalities.” The False Claims Act (FCA) has been a tool used against municipalities and a tool used by municipalities. During this presentation, which is a part of the International Municipal… Read more »Read More
The Pietragallo Law Firm and S-E-A Limited are co-hosting an event on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 titled, “Defending Trucking and Vehicle Cases in the 21st Century.” During this dynamic event which begins at 11:30am, industry leaders will review a variety of topics unique to the trucking industry including: “Accident Reconstruction through 21st Century Visualization” and… Read more »Read More
On Thursday, February 20, Pietragallo Partner Jim Marrion will sit on a panel about the Pennsylvania Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law. During this three-hour CLE, offered through the Allegheny County Bar Association, panelists will discuss, in-depth, the issues under the Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law that attorneys need to be aware… Read more »Read More