Articles In This Issue:
1. Criminal and Civil Liability to Physicians and Other Health Care Providers For the Off-Label Marketing of FDA-Approved Drugs or Devices: An Emerging Trend?
2. Mandatory Rules For Pennsylvania Medical Facilities For Reporting Medical Errors, Adverse Events And Device Failures
3. Hospital mergers Receive Closer Antitrust Scrutiny From Federal Trade Commission
4. M-Care Iinfection Control: A Litigation Threat?
5. UPDATE: Federal Pre-emption Of State Tort Claims Involving Medical Devices And Pharmaceutical Products
Best Lawyers® has named seven Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti, LLP lawyers in its newly released The Best Lawyers in America 2020 guide. The rankings are based entirely on peer-review content, designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers on the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same practice area and region. The… Read more »Read More
On May 13, 2019 the Supreme Court of the United States, in a unanimous decision, delivered an important victory for qui tam whistleblowers in United States ex rel. Hunt v. Cochise Consultancy, Inc., (Hunt). The decision, authored by Justice Clarence Thomas, held that private qui tam whistleblowers are entitled to the extended statute of limitations period in… Read more »Read More
Joseph L. Gordon will be presenting “OSHA’s Ten Most Common Violations – An Insider’s Perspective on Easy Solutions to Overlooked Hazards” at The Pennsylvania State Council of SHRM’s 2019 State Conference in State College, PA. Joe will be a co-presenter with Nicholas DeJesse, an Assistant Regional Administrator with OSHA. For more information, including how to attend… Read more »Read More
Marc Stephen Raspanti will be speaking at a False Claims Act Enforcement Roundtable on September 19, 2019 from 4:00-6:30pm in Miami, Florida. This event is being co-hosted by Pietragallo, Morgan Lewis, the Women’s White Collar Defense Association, and the American Bar Association’s Qui Tam Subcommittee for a False Claims Act/Qui Tam Roundtable, “Florida Style.” The discussion… Read more »Read More