March 18, 2021
Pietragallo partner Pamela Coyle Brecht will be presenting at the 8th Annual Advanced Forum on False Claims and Qui Tam Enforcement on March 24, 2021.
Ms. Brecht’s panel is titled “View from the Relator’s Bar: How to Avoid Turning Your Employees into Whistleblowers.” The panel will discuss strategies for seeking the government’s intervention and dealing with government declination, including:
- How to present a strong case
- When to assist the government’s investigation
- Deciding when to file and knowing what factors to consider when bringing a claim
- Figuring out what to do when the government declines and learning how the government can help in a declined case (obtaining information and statements of interest/amicus briefs)
- Considering when relators go it alone
- Resolving why more relators are pursuing declined cases
For more information about the program, including to register, please visit the American Conference Institute’s website here.