The proliferation of electronically stored data – and the corresponding growth in incidents of data breaches, hacking, and government regulation – has raised the bar for corporations, and their directors and officers, to ensure the security of confidential data and proprietary information.
Pietragallo’s Cyber Security & Privacy team understands the complexity of cyber-related issues and actively oversees the ever-changing landscape of data privacy laws across the United States and abroad. Our clients include a variety of small and midsize corporate entities within the healthcare, financial services, government contracting, telecommunications, and retail industries.
We have assisted our clients in a variety of data security, privacy, cyber liability, and technology matters including:
- Responding to regulatory entities
- Developing strategy to evaluate and mitigate damages
- Self-reporting, as required by federal and state laws
- Data security and compliance
- Handling situations of lost, stolen, or damaged data due to corporate network and information security policies
- Hacking or other unauthorized access of confidential information or trade secrets
- Alleged failure to maintain security of confidential data including names, addresses, patient health data, credit card numbers, financial and wage information, and social security numbers
- Threat of unauthorized release of data by a former employee or vendor
- Lost or stolen computers, smartphones, tablets, or memory devices
- Charges brought under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA)
- Threats made via e-mail or social media
- Identity theft